Glacier Dynamics at the University of Idaho
The goal of this website is that it serve as a communal resource of best practices and standards for members of the University of Idaho Glacier Dynamics lab group. This website is a dynamic resource. It should be useful and helpful to all in the group, and likewise, be updated by all in the group.
Making this site more useful
Everyone should feel able and obligated to update the site, using the standards of github.com, by issuing a pull request. In order to make modifications to these pages:
- Go to the ‘content’ subdirectory of github.com/tbartholomaus/uiglaciology/
- Log into github with your username (this may happen automatically).
- Click on the title of the page you would like to modify, such as
- Near the top, next to Raw Blame History, you’ll see a pencil. Click the pencil to open the editor for the page.
- Make your edits. Just plain text works perfectly fine, but you can take advantage of “Markdown” formatting as appropriate. See this page to learn more about using Markdown.
- When you’re done, add a few notes describing what you’ve done at the bottom of the page, then click “commit changes”
- You may have to okay forking the repository.
- If and when you’re done making a series of changes you can open a “pull request” to request that Tim pull all of your changes into the Master version of the website.